Colon and Rectal Surgery Educational Program (CARSEP®) | ASCRS
The Colon and Rectal Surgery Educational Program (CARSEP®) series remains one of the most valued educational tools offered by The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons. Test your knowledge with this self-assessment exam to prepare for the qualifying examination of the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery (ABCRS) or to earn continuing medical education (CME) and stay current with the latest practice recommendations.
CARSEP® IX—Now Online!
Features of CARSEP®
CARSEP® IX, released in October 2015, is an online self-assessment program that offers you the opportunity to study on the go. Features include:
- Access electronically from your smartphone, tablet, or computer
- Nearly 250 questions presented in six key pillars for ease of studying in the areas you need
- Flexibility to exit the program and restart where you left off at any time
- Clear tracking to show your progress in the module
- Complete references, with some links to online content
- Immediate answer grading in the pillars and the ability to see how you performed compared with your peers
- A 100-question final self-assessment exam that simulates the board exam experience. Users have the opportunity to take the practice exam up to three times to achieve a passing score of 75% or higher.
Watch 9 Highlights of CARSEP® IX to see a few of the new features offered in the new edition.
Pricing and Purchase
Members save $125! Member price: $325; Nonmember price: $450
Purchase the CARSEP® IX program in our online store now. To purchase by fax, please complete the CARSEP® IX order form and fax to (847) 427-9656.
Please note: All sales of electronic products are final.
Continuing Medical Education
ASCRS designates this enduring material for a maximum of fifty (50) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ upon successful completion of this activity. When the ABCRS receives your certificate of successful completion of CARSEP®, you may receive a credit of 50 self-assessment MOC credits toward Part II of the MOC program. CARSEP® IX will expire on October 15, 2018.
This self-assessment program is designed to provide surgeons with in-depth and up-to-date knowledge relative to the care of the colon and rectal surgery patient. At the conclusion of the CARSEP® program, the physician should be able to:
- Assess his or her ability to make decisions based on clinical scenarios to identify strengths and gaps in knowledge of disease of the colon, rectum and anus.
- Increase his or her knowledge of the latest findings in the field of colon and rectal surgery.
- Expand his or her knowledge of colorectal disease.
- Identify his or her strengths and weaknesses in the practice of colon and rectal surgery.
This educational program is geared toward:
- Physicians preparing to take the ABCRS certification examination
- Diplomats of the ABCRS who are preparing for the recertification examination
- Physicians who specialize in or have an interest in the field of colon and rectal surgery and wish to ensure their practice is consistent with the latest practice recommendations
Frequently Asked Questions
Read our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to questions you may have. For other questions, please see below.
- For content or CME concerns, please contact the ASCRS Executive Office at (847) 290-9184 or by email.
The ASCRS gratefully recognizes the Self-Assessment Committee, led by Chair Matthew Mutch, MD, and Vice Chair Charles Friel, MD, for their years of service and dedication to CARSEP® IX. Their dedication to the Society and to the education of their colleagues is deeply appreciated.